When it comes to building your own website, there is no shortage of platforms to choose from. In fact, there’s so many that it’s not always easy to decide which one to go for. But, when it comes to Ecommerce website development, there are two names that stand out from the crowd: Shopify and WordPress. Both are giants in the web development space, and both offer unique features that appeal to different sectors of the market. We know it can be confusing, so we’re going to clear things up and tell you when to turn to Shopify and when it may be better to use WordPress.
What is Shopify? Well, It’s a solution for creating your own online store without having to be a web developer or coding whizz, which makes the idea of an online store much more appealing for your average Joe. It’s no surprise then that Shopify has become incredibly popular in recent years. It is the leading website builder or store creator for people who are looking to start their eCommerce journey.
What are Shopifys most important features?
Easy to use – This platform is exceptionally easy to use. When you’re new to the world of e-commerce, it can all seem complicated and overwhelming. Shopify has been designed in a way that makes it accessible and easy to use for everyone. It will help you get your online store up and running and looking great in no time at all.
Choice of designs – When you are looking to set your store apart from the competition, the first thing you are going to need is an eye-catching design. You want customers to stop, pay attention and buy your stuff. Shopify helps you do just that by offering a huge collection of themes to get you started, both free and paid. You are also given a choice of 2-3 variations per theme, so you can keep switching it up. You will never run out of design options with Shopify.
Flexible interface – If for any reason you are not satisfied with your theme, Shopify gives you full access to the source code so that you can make any small changes. Of course, not everyone will be able to use this option, but if you are familiar with a bit of coding then it’s a great way to customize your store!
Apps – Shopify has an app for just about anything. In the Shopify app store, you will find both free and paid apps offering a variety of different things, from SEO to email marketing, announcement bars to countdown timers. You name it, there’s an app for it. This is a great feature that sets Shopify apart from the competition.
So, now you know the basics. But when should you use Shopify?
- Selling – If you are looking to set up an online store to sell digital or physical products, then you will be hard-pressed to find a better platform than Shopify. It is great for anyone who would like to build or improve their online store. The option to customize your store and huge choice of apps makes Shopify the perfect platform for e-commerce.
- Logins – If your business needs you to have unique logins for all your customers, then you should probably use Shopify.
- Integration – If your business depends heavily on the use of third-party software that needs to be integrated with your online store, then you should use Shopify. It has great integration options.
- More payment options – Not all platforms offer the diverse choice of payment options that Shopify allows for. If you don’t want to be stuck with limited payment options, you will love Shopify.
Now let’s talk about another giant in the website development industry. For many years, WordPress has been the go-to choice for anyone looking to create a website for themselves or their business without any hassle. If you are a blogger, a content creator, or a professional, WordPress is a great platform for building your website.
What are the main reasons to choose WordPress?
Reliability – When you are making a website or blog, you want it to run smoothly without any issues. With WordPress, you are in safe hands. It’s known for its reliability and you will never have to worry about the problem of your website being down for long.
Support – If you are not an experienced or professional website developer, you will need help building your website. WordPress has a great support team that are on hand to solve any problems you might have.
Customization – WordPress probably has the largest library of well-built themes on the web. Once you decide on a theme, you can fully edit and customize it to really make it your own. You can also customize your website by adding a variety of widgets and features.
WordPress might be the single largest website development tool in the world right now. Let’s take a look at what you can do best using WordPress:
- Make a blog – WordPress is ideal for anyone who is looking to create their blog. It has all the customization options you are going to need. It’s also very SEO friendly, so you can easily get your site ranking in Google.
- Business Website – If you are looking to make a website for your business, WordPress is a great option. It has options which allow customers to view your products, make online bookings and much more. It’s no wonder that huge names such as Sony Music and MTV News are using WordPress themselves.
Read Also; Top 5 Shopify Themes
So, there you have it. Both WordPress and Shopify are great in their own regard – It just depends on what you are looking to get out of them. We hope you’ve found this helpful and wish you the best of luck on your website building journey!